|Sweet tea brined fried chicken: Picture perfect, but|
not blog-worthy. Sweet potato biscuits don't rise
like normal ones but are amazing!
But here's the deal. The chicken was good, but you know, I really don't think the sweet tea brining is up my alley. Not blog worthy. So, I'll post the pretty pictures, but skip the recipe.
I will share my cole slaw recipe and a link to Bobby Flay’s sweet potato biscuits. They are absolutely relish. So VERY tender. They don't rise quite as high as a normal biscuit, because of the moisture in the sweet potatoes but, dang, they are good.
|I love love love to dice. And this |
method makes it super easy.
- 1/4 diced onion - I like a sweet onion like the Visalia onions we get in here NC and the Maui onions we got in SoCal.
- 1/4 cup Best Foods/Helmans or Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain, fat free Fage Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- pinch salt
- a bunch of grinds of black pepper
- Mix thoroughly and taste. Adjust the vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
|Quick & Easy Cole Slaw - |
fresh makes it best
- Toss in1/4 of a large head of cabbage, sliced thin and then cropped. You can also use a bag of pre-shredded cabbage.
- Stir and check the seasoning again, and add salt and pepper if needed. If it is too dry, add some more mayo and/or yogurt.