And that chilly jaunt certainly did work up an appetite. But what to make? Definitely something warm. And something that wouldn't blow the whole walk/run thing. So off to the fridge....
If you are near a Trader Joe's
RUN, don't walk, and buy their
Most people don't think realize that if you grate zucchini and saute it over a medium high heat the sugars caramelize and almost mimic hash browns. OK, I said ALMOST, it is not exactly the same. But it's yummy. Employing that method I came up with a hash like concoction that fit the bill. And weighed in at only 6 Weight Watcher points. Even better.
I hope you experiment with this method. I've done something similar, substituting sliced cherry tomatoes for the chicken and putting a poached or fried egg on top - oh yeah!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 oz rotisserie chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 Tbs chopped onion
- 2 Tbs chopped red bell pepper
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- About 4 grinds of Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning (a MUST have for every pantry!) or cracked black pepper
- 1 slice of Sargento thin sliced cheddar cheese
- Your favorite hot sauce, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick skillet
- Saute the onion, then add the zucchini, bell pepper, salt and seasoning/pepper.
- Keep turning it until it is soft, then press down and let it brown a bit, lowering the heat if it starts to burn or look scary.
- Do this until you reach the consistency you want (I like it slightly caramelized) then add the chicken. Stir to combine and continue to cook until the chicken is heated through, a minute or two.
- Top with the cheese, turn off the heat and cover with a lid to melt the cheese.
Serve with your favorite hot sauce if desired. Today I opted for Sriracha