|Ready to serve|
|Headed into the oven|
|Perfect Brussels sprouts as|
easy as 1 2 3
Brussels Sprouts with Apples, Grapes, Pine Nuts and a Wee Bit o'Bacon
- About 4 Brussels sprouts per person. Washed, dried and then prepared per the photos below. I cut the core out, then slice in half, and then peel a couple of layers off. Tossing the leaves and the remaining piece of veg into the bowl, and the core into the trash.
- About a 1/8 cup of diced bacon. Diced and zapped in the microwave for about a minute to partially cook. Drain on paper towel. (Note: I keep a slab of good bacon (thick cut, wood smoked) in the freezer and cut off a couple of inches).
- A quarter of an apple per person, Diced.
- A tablespoon of diced sweet onion per person.
- A table spoon or so of pine nuts.
- 3 red grapes per person
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Bunch of grinds of black pepper
- Olive oil to coat lightly
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl; toss with the olive oil and dump onto a foil lined baking sheet
- Put into the oven
- Roast until the Brussels sprouts are browned and soft.
- Pull from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes