Time to Relax (Raw Corn, Tomato and Zucchini Salad with Lime Vinaigrette)
|Even Maggie the Lab knows|
how to relax on the lake
|Crunchy, tangy and refreshing.|
This summer salad is a crowd pleaser.
|Use a sharp knife to slice|
the corn kernels off the cob.
- 4 years of fresh corn, kernels cut off (see photo)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, some cut in half and some cut into quarters
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2/3 cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped fine
- 2 pinches of Kosher Salt
- Lots of fresh cracked black pepper
- Lime vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- If making ahead, put all of the ingredients in a large zip lock bag and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, toss with lime vinaigrette
- 3 large limes, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 big squeezes of honey from a Honey Bear (probably 3 tablespoons)
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 6 grinds of black pepper