|A taste of home - both SoCal and North Carolina|
- Break up the barbecue into thin bite sized pieces and mix in the sauce. Set aside
- For each taquito,
- Warm a tortilla for about 10-seconds per side over a gas flame or dry frying pan to make them pliable and easy to roll.
- Put about 2 TBS of the barbecue mixture on a tortilla, towards one side. Then working from that side, roll the tortilla over the barbecue like a cigar. Push two toothpicks through to secure, leaving long on one side.This will come in handy when frying.
- To fry, heat the oil in a heavy skillet until a piece of a tortilla that is placed in the oil begins to bubble. Then use tongs to carefully place 3 taquitos in the oil, seam side down and long end of the toothpick up, into the oil. Fry until golden brown (about 45 seconds) then pull out the toothpicks and flip to fry the other side until done (about 30 seconds). Remove to drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a small pile of the slaw and garnishes of your choice.
- Mixture first eight ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the bag of cabbage/carrot slaw mix and the cilantro
- Stir well and chill at least 30 minutes