|Slightly crunch veggies and tasty|
chicken, ready to be enjoyed!
- Mix the Marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl, add the chicken and set aside
- Combine the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with a good pinch (about a half teaspoon) of Kosher salt and five or six grinds of fresh cracked pepper.
- Heat the largest skillet you have on high, add the two oils and heat until it shimmers. Then add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon, and keep it warm in a bowl covered with foil.
- Now begin cooking the veggies in the same pan and leftover oil used for the chicken. I like to push the veggies to the outside of the pan between batches to make room for the next veg — first the onion, celery and carrots for 2 minutes; then the mushrooms and bell peppers, bean sprouts and the cooked chicken for another 2 minutes.
- When the veggies are cooked but still slightly crunchy, push them to the sides of the pan and add the sauce mixture and cook until it starts to thicken, then stir to combine with the chicken and veggies.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve with cooked white rice and more soy sauce to taste.