|At the Farmers Market or the grocery store,|
North Carolina Potatoes are hard to beat
- 6 tiny white or red “new” potatoes, cut in half
- Plenty of Kosher salt for the water
- 1 pat butter
- 1 Tbs chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes and the garlic in a medium sauce pan, cover with water and add a Tablespoon or so of Kosher slat. Cover and bring to a boil over a high flame.
- Once the water comes to a boil, remove the lid, lower the heat to medium and cook until fork tender (abut 7 minutes or so)
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the butter into a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds to melt. Add a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper.
- When the potatoes are done, turn off the heat, remove garlic and smush it into a paste with a knife. Then add the garlic to the melted butter and combine.
- Now, remove the potatoes from the pot of water with a slotted spoon and drop them into the butter, garlic mixture. Toss to coat.
- Now add the chopped parsley toss to combine.